[alt.fax] Frecom FAX96 FAX card

skl@van-bc.UUCP (Samuel Lam) (02/25/90)

Does anyone have any experience/comments/opinions/things-to-says
with/on/about the Frecom FAX96 internal FAX card made by Fremont
Communications?  There is a local computer store here selling
these cards for Cdn$275, which seems to be a very good price, and
I would like to know what people think about this card before
deciding if I want one.

Thank you very much for your time.

...Sam

P.S.  Please mail your replies if possible, I will summaries if
there is interest.

--
Internet: <skl@wimsey.bc.ca>	UUCP: {van-bc,ubc-cs,uunet}!wimsey.bc.ca!skl

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (02/28/90)

In article <200@van-bc.UUCP> skl@wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience/comments/opinions/things-to-says
>with/on/about the Frecom FAX96 internal FAX card made by Fremont

They sent me their info.  It's $200 in the US.  It uses the Yamaha
chip set.  It sends ASCII, PCX, and TIFF files and needs 75k for
background receiving.  Someone told me that it works fairly well.

--
Jon Zeeff    	zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us  or b-tech!zeeff