[alt.fax] WANTED: raster to Group 3 FAX conversion program

news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) (03/10/90)

Does anyone have a program they want to share that converts a raster
image to CCITT T4 (Group 3 facsimile) format?  Or even have the run
length code list in machine readable form?

I have the CCITT document.  The coding looks like some kind of
modified Huffman coding for black/white run lengths.  It shouldn't be
very hard to code, I just don't want to enter the 200 or so bit
patterns by hand.

Any help out there?

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			P.O. Box 10494
Stanford University				Stanford, CA 94309
(jim@thrush.stanford.edu) 			(415) 723-4940

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (03/12/90)

 news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) writes:
>Does anyone have a program they want to share that converts a raster
>image to CCITT T4 (Group 3 facsimile) format?  Or even have the run
>length code list in machine readable form?

source is available in the pbmplus toolkit.
available via ftp from expo.lcs.mit.edu in the contrib directory.

--
/* eli@spdcc.com ; 617-932-5598 */
/* eat, drink, and see jerry.   */