[ont.archives] Looking for "bibtools"

paul@moore.UUCP (Paul Maclauchlan) (01/13/89)

In December, pl@unh.UUCP (Paul E. Leclerc) posted an article to the net
(Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.unix.wizards,comp.graphics) with the
Subject: The "classics".

The article contained a list of books he was recommending.

I am interested in obtaining the software he mentions for maintaining
and reporting from a database in this format.

>    This list is formatted for use in the "bibtool" family.  Cut out
> all the garbage before and after the list and run indxbib on it.  With
> the database it creates, you can search for books based on certain
> keywords.

Does anyone have this package?  Is it PD?  If it is, can you mail it
to me?  Please e-mail first in case I get more than one offer.

In case you are interested, I've reproduced one of the entries from the
database below:

Legend
%T   Title
%A   Author
%I   Publisher (Issuer)
%G   ISBN (Government order number)
%S   Subject
--------------------------------- BEGIN -------------------------------------
%T The C Programming Language
%A Brian W. Kernighan
%A Dennis M. Ritchie
%I Prentice-Hall
%G 0-13-110163-3
%S C

Thanks!
--
.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600