[comp.org.ieee] IEEE Membership

mkatz@Sesame.Stanford.EDU (Morris Katz) (01/27/89)

Can anyone tell me if there are IEEE student memberships and/or student rates
for IEEE periodicals?
-- Morry Katz
--

karam@sce.carleton.ca (Gerald Karam) (01/27/89)

In article <6372@polya.Stanford.EDU> mkatz@Sesame.Stanford.EDU (Morris Katz) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there are IEEE student memberships and/or student rates
>for IEEE periodicals?
>-- Morry Katz
>--

You bet! substantial discounts for basic dues, for society memberships and
periodicals.  not only that, so long as you are in school (i.e. grad school or
undergrad) full-time, you can be a student member.

also most conferences have student rates.  finally, when you have graduated
you get a price break on dues for your first year out.

IEEE loves students. They become members. There are also IEEE student branchs
in many universities and colleges around the world. I don't have my stats
handy but, student members form an appreciable part of IEEE membership
(15-20% i believe).

for more information on student activities, you can let me know and i'll
tell you who to contact.

gerald karam
(IEEE Canada (Region 7) Student Activities Committee Chairman)