[comp.org.ieee] Student Branch e-mail addresses

karam@sce.carleton.ca (Gerald Karam) (10/25/89)

For any users out there in "net-land" that are members of IEEE
student branches at some institution, here are a couple of addresses
you might be interested in:

ieeesac@sce.carleton.ca --- autoforward address for student branches in
			    Canada (region 7); you send to this and
			    everybody on the list gets a copy

individual addresses can be obtained from:

karam@sce.carleton.ca	--- Regional Student Activities Chair for
			    region 7; (gerald karam)
vigder@sce.carleton.ca	--- Regional Student Representative for
			    region 7; (mark vigder)

ieee-eu@tut.fi		--- autoforward address for student branches in
			    Europe/Africa.. region 8

individual addresses can be obtained from:

mjk@steks.oulu.fi	--- Regional Student Representative for
			    region 8; (mikko katajamaki)

Currently US regions (1-6) and regions 9,10 do not have an such e-mail
network set up.

E-mail is an effective means to "reduce the distance" betweenm student
branches.  Let's use it.

gerald

IEEESB@ecs.umass.edu (IEEE UMass Student Branch) (10/29/89)

In article <683@sce.carleton.ca>, karam@sce.carleton.ca (Gerald Karam) writes:
> Currently US regions (1-6) and regions 9,10 do not have an such e-mail
> network set up.
>
> E-mail is an effective means to "reduce the distance" betweenm student
> branches.  Let's use it.

Greetings from the University of Massachusetts IEEE Student Branch...

We do have access to NEWS on our VAXCluster and we'd like to hear from any
IEEE student member, whether or not your branch has computer account.

Our branch (Amherst, MA) currently has 150+ members, and we also have a
Computer Society Branch Chapter. We're in the process of planning for an S-PAC
scheduled for March next year and we'd appreciate it if you could give us some
suggestions, etc..

By the way, my name's Jonathan Lim (LIM@UMAECS.bitnet) and I serve as the
correspondence secretary. We have nine officers (IEEE and the CS chapter), all
of whom have VAX accounts. If you need their address, or our branch advisor's,
please RSVP.

That's all for now. Hope this starts the ball rolling...

IEEE Student Branch             Office: (413) 545-0641
ECE Department                  Bitnet: IEEESB@UMAECS.bitnet
Marston 137
University of Massachusetts     Region 1, Springfield Section
Amherst, MA 01003                Amherst, Massachusetts. USA

gt5302b@prism.gatech.EDU (WALKER,RICHARD S) (11/14/89)

Welcome from the Georgia Tech IEEE Student Branch!

We have over 800 members and are always looking for new ideas.  We mostly
sponsor industry presentations and plant trips, but are looking to explore
most interesting possibilities: student contests, S-PACs, new recruiting
techniques, etc.  Any experiences you would care to relate would be of great
help.

Does anyone from IEEE Potentials monitor this forum?  It might be an excellent
place to kick around some ideas for new articles and sections.

What do you think?

Richard S. Walker                         Georgia Tech Research Institute
GA Tech Box 35302                         swalker@gtri01.gatech.edu  (vm)
Atlanta, GA 30332                         swalker@vms62a.gatech.edu (vms)
CIS:  177000, 647                         gt5302b@prism.gatech.edu (unix)
(404) 894-7162  !{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt5302b
The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect that of my employer.

burt@ieeefs.fidonet.org (Burt Juda) (11/14/89)

In an article of <13 Nov 89 16:33:22 GMT>, gt5302b@prism.gatech.EDU writes:

 >Does anyone from IEEE Potentials monitor this forum?  It might be an
 >excellent place to kick around some ideas for new articles and sections.

 As of this past Friday, comp.org.ieee is now cross-linked with it's FidoNet
 equivalent thru this machine.  Since my cubicle is right next to the  Potentials staff, I see no reason why I can't accept mail for them.

 Temporarily, we're operating as 'ieeefs.fidonet.org'.  Within a few weeks,
 our own domain for IEEE will be approved and it will change to
 'ieeefs.ieee.org'.   In the meantime, you should be able to send mail to
 "potentials@ieeefs.uucp" or "...!rutgers!njin!ieeefs!potentials" and it
 should get here.
--
 Burt Juda - via FidoNet Node 1:107/310 - via UFgate