[comp.org.ieee] how to join

segedy@cspi.UUCP (Cathy Segedy) (03/26/91)

Hello.  I have been trying to join the IEEE for quite some time, but for
some reason I can't seem to get ahold of an application form.  Does anyone
have a phone number for IEEE, or an address to write to?  I have sent in
various standard forms requesting info on how to join, to no avail.
				thanks in advance, cathy segedy
PS -- please send replies to:
	cathy@three.mv.com or harvard!zinn!three!cathy or decvax!three!cathy

cindy@cesdis2.gsfc.nasa.gov (Cindy Starr) (03/27/91)

 Cindy,

 I can sympathize with you. Although I finally got my membership
  processed, it expired in Dec 1990.  I haven't been able to get
  a renewal form from them!

  Here's the info I have:

        IEEE Headquarters
        345 E. 47th Street
        New York, N.Y.  10017-2394

        Phone (212) 705-7900 (General Information)

  Does everyone have this trouble, or only female applicants???

  Cindy Starr
  cindy@cesdis2.gsfc.nasa.gov

burt@ieee.org (Burt Juda) (03/27/91)

segedy@cspi.UUCP (Cathy Segedy) writes:
 > Hello.  I have been trying to join the IEEE for quite some time, but for
 > some reason I can't seem to get ahold of an application form.  Does anyone
 > have a phone number for IEEE, or an address to write to?  I have sent in
 > various standard forms requesting info on how to join, to no avail.

Just send a message to <membership-info@ieee.org>.  That will get
auto-forwarded to Bill Hunter's crew in Membership Development
(on the other end of the room from me  ;-)

--
 Burt Juda                   Internet: burt@ieee.org || merlin@ieee.org
 IEEE Service Center         COMPMAIL: B.JUDA           Bitnet:  JUDA@NJIN