[comp.org.ieee] looking for IEEE logo in PostScript

s31768a@puukko.hut.fi (Juhana Jaatinen) (04/22/91)

Hi everybody, I heard from a friend of mine, that there have been
people looking for an IEEE logo in PostScript. Has one been found yet?
In case you have one, I would appreciate it, if you could send the
IEEE Helsinki Student Branch, Finland, a copy of it, or tell where to
find one. We think it would make our papers and correspondance look a
lot better.

I thank you already in advance on behalf of the IEEE Helsinki Student Branch,

		Juhana Jaatinen

I        Juhana Jaatinen        I   THEORIE ist,        PRAXIS ist, wenn   I
I        juhana@ecad.hut.fi     I   wenn man alles      alles funktioniert I
I   p.  +358-0-455 1221 (home)  I   weiss und nichts    und keiner weiss   I
I       +358-0-451 2455 (work)  I   funktioniert.       warum.             I

al@escom.com (Al Donaldson) (04/23/91)

Juhana Jaatinen writes:
> Hi everybody, I heard from a friend of mine, that there have been
> people looking for an IEEE logo in PostScript. Has one been found yet?

Here is a hand-coded version, along with introductory comments,
that I wrote up last month.  Hope it serves your purposes.

Al Donaldson
al@escom.com
(703) 620-4823

================ mail follows =====================================
> From al Sat Mar 16 14:04:39 1991
> To: burt@ieee.org
> Subject: Re: IEEE LOGO in PostScript

The following code is my first complete attempt at an IEEE logo.
You should be able to strip off this message and immediately print
the code on any PS printer.  Please be aware of the following:

(1) This was done from the (small) logo on my IEEE membership card.
    Details may be missing or relative proportions may be inaccurate.
    If so, let me know and I will repair it.

(2) You should be able to scale and translate this to fit anywhere.
    I've tested it at various reductions, and it looks OK on my
    NEC 890 printer at 15% (roughly half-inch) and 20% (5/8 inch).

(3) This is hand-coded postscript.  It only uses operators defined
    in the Adobe Language Reference Manual (red book). One possible
    problem area is the use of the ``curveto'' operator, but I would
    expect that all true PS printers would handle this the same.

(4) This is *not* encapsulated PS format.  I haven't had time to
    understand EPSF yet or need to use it.  Anyone who wants to have
    a go at converting it to EPSF, please go ahead.

Al
<al@escom.com>