[comp.org.ieee] obtaining proceedings

michaelm@pike.ee.mcgill.ca (Michael Moscovitch) (05/27/91)

A while back someone posted a question about the possibility of ordering
proceedings to FTCS. As the time I did not have the answer, but as I was
cleaning up I found a copy of the 1989 Publications Catalog from the IEEE
computer society press.

I lists FTCS with a price of $60-$70 list, and $30 - $37.50 for members.

The address listed for more information is:

Publications Office
IEEE Computer Society
10662 Los Vaqueros Circle
Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Toll free order line: 1-800-CS-BOOKS

Note: This information is from 1989, so I'm not sure if it is still accurate.

--
<Mike>
michaelm@pike.ee.mcgill.ca

cliburn@sleepy.bmd.trw.com (05/30/91)

In article <1991May26.172509.28219@thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>, michaelm@pike.ee.mcgill.ca (Michael Moscovitch) writes:
> A while back someone posted a question about the possibility of ordering
> proceedings to FTCS. As the time I did not have the answer, but as I was
> cleaning up I found a copy of the 1989 Publications Catalog from the IEEE
> computer society press.
>
> I lists FTCS with a price of $60-$70 list, and $30 - $37.50 for members.
>
> The address listed for more information is:
>
> Publications Office
> IEEE Computer Society
> 10662 Los Vaqueros Circle
> Los Alamitos, CA 90720
>
> Toll free order line: 1-800-CS-BOOKS
>
> Note: This information is from 1989, so I'm not sure if it is still accurate

I asked the original question, and it turns out that your information is still
largely correct.  However, instead of *Publications Office, IEEE Computer
Society*, it's now *IEEE Computer Society Press, Customer Service Center*.
Address remains the same. (Big change, right? :-)

The prices have also increased. (surprise, surprise)  The pub I was after
lists for $76 non-member and $38 member.

Thanks for the e-mail responses.

Jay Cliburn
TRW Ballistic Missiles Division
Ogden, Utah