[comp.lang.eiffel] eiffel on macintosh

mikel@apple.com (mikel) (02/14/89)

I would be very interested in seeing an eiffel port to the Macintosh. Is
there any possibility of this in the forseeable future?

bertrand@hub.ucsb.edu (Bertrand Meyer) (02/20/89)

In article <665@internal.Apple.COM>, mikel@apple.com (mikel) writes:
> I would be very interested in seeing an eiffel port to the Macintosh. Is
> there any possibility of this in the forseeable future?

	An A/UX version will be made available with the release of Eiffel
version 2.2 (April). A MacOS version is a more remote prospect at
the moment. We have had numerous enquiries but it is hard to ascertain how
large the real demand is (as compared to e.g. MS DOS/OS 2).
Since we are user-driven for this kind of thing any input will be welcome.

Bertrand Meyer
bertrand@eiffel.com