[comp.lang.eiffel] Eiffel-generated C ...

marti@ethz.UUCP (Robert Marti) (10/10/89)

In article <JWG1.89Oct9105923@bunny.gte.com>, jwg1@gte.com (James W. Gish)
writes:
> ...  If suppliers do not meet their ship dates, it can have a serious
> ripple effect that can cost dollars and jobs.  ...
> ...  In the future, Dr. Meyer, please attempt to keep your customers
> informed at the earliest possible time in a slippage in delivery dates.
> This will help us make lower-risk planning decisions.

Forgive me for jumping on you, BUT:  People who rely on release dates
promised by a vendor for a critical project have only themselves to
blame if reality diverges from the promises made.  I agress that a
vendor should inform its customers about slippages as early as possible,
though.

By the way:  Much as I like the elegance of Eiffel, ther ARE other
programming languages around -- even object-oriented ones.

--
Robert Marti                      Phone:      +41 1 256 52 36
Institut fur Informationssysteme