[comp.lang.eiffel] Books on Eiffel

mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark C. Carroll <MC>) (01/24/90)

Hello all!

I'm a undergrad CS senior doing an Independant Research project on
the implementation of Object Oriented Programming Languages. My
advisor has recommended that I read Bertrand Meyers book of Eiffel.
Unfortunately, the University Library does not seem to have a copy
of the book, so it looks like I'll have to buy it. But of course, none
of the local bookstores have a copy! So, I'd like to mail-order the
book from Barnes and Nobles. To do this, I need information on the
book, including: Title, publisher, date, and latest edition. Any of
you who have a copy of this book, if you could glance inside the
cover, and send me this information, I would be eternally greatful.

And if anyone has a used copy that they'd be willing to part with, I'm
willing to buy it from you. Just send me mail.. (Hey, I'm a starving
student!)

	<MC>
--
\ Mark Craig Carroll: <MC>          \ "Humanity isn't a physical description,
 \ Student Systems Programmer - LCSR \  it's a spiritual goal. It's not

howard@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Howard Betel) (02/02/90)

In article <Jan.23.21.31.37.1990.16093@topaz.rutgers.edu> mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark C. Carroll <MC>) writes:
>the implementation of Object Oriented Programming Languages. My
>advisor has recommended that I read Bertrand Meyers book of Eiffel.
>--
>\ Mark Craig Carroll: <MC>          \ "Humanity isn't a physical description,
> \ Student Systems Programmer - LCSR \  it's a spiritual goal. It's not
>  \ Rutgers University                \  something we're given, it's something
>   \ mccarrol@topaz.rutgers.edu        \  we earn" -- Richard Bach, _One_

Mark I have a copy of the book, but it isn't handy right now.  If you still
don't have the information than drop me a note.

Now down to my question.  Is there any other books out there about eiffel.
We're doing a course on MIS and using Meyer's book as a text, but it sure
would be nice to have a second reference book.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Howard Betel                                    Howard@maccs.dcss.McMaster.CA
Dept of Computer Science                     ...!unet!utai!utgpu!maccs!howard
McMaster University