[comp.lang.eiffel] New improved GNU Emacs Eiffel mode soon available

weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner) (02/03/90)

I have fixed a number of minor bugs and improved the indenting and
parsing capabilities of the GNU Emacs Eiffel mode that I posted about a
month ago.  It now handles multi-line assignment statement, parentesized
list, and string indentation properly.

A program which indents (pretty prints) and resaves all of ISE's library
and example classes is also available.  It may be run overnight and is
wholly automated.

I will post these along with some other Eiffel-related utilities/classes
as soon as I start seeing useful Eiffel code come across the net in this
group as per my request a few days earlier.

Mathematical and scientific classes, especially linear algebra,
statistics, and signal processing classes will be especially
appreciated.

Let's all start demonstrating what a great forum for reuse this
newsgroup can be.  Or put another way, you don't just sit around
DISCUSSING Eiffel and not writing any code, do you?

				Regards,

				Bob
--
Bob Weiner, Motorola, Inc.,   USENET:  ...!gatech!uflorida!novavax!weiner
(407) 364-2087

news@cs.yale.edu (Usenet News) (02/05/90)

In article <1776@novavax.UUCP> weiner@novavax.UUCP (Bob Weiner) writes:
>I will post these along with some other Eiffel-related utilities/classes
>as soon as I start seeing useful Eiffel code come across the net in this
>group as per my request a few days earlier.

Oh no!  I realize it may be a bit tiring to be the only person who is
providing useful Eiffel tools via comp.lang.eiffel, and your request
for someone else to do likewise is understandable and worthwhile, but
could you _please_ not make your postings contingent on reciprocation
by other Eiffel net people?  I personally am working on a large thesis
project which combines Eiffel with a parallel utility here at Yale,
which is not something that can be posted (the utility has hundreds of
K of source code).  Otherwise, I would have done as you requested
already.

You are _the_ main Eiffel resource on the net.  I, and others, appreciate
the stuff you've written.  Please keep it up!  And please post your stuff
for the benefit of others who are not as clueful and net-minded as
yourself.

Thanks!

>Bob Weiner, Motorola, Inc.,   USENET:  ...!gatech!uflorida!novavax!weiner
>(407) 364-2087

Rob Jellinghaus                | "Next time you see a lie being spread or a
jellinghaus-robert@CS.Yale.EDU |  bad decision being made out of sheer ignor-
ROBERTJ@{yalecs,yalevm}.BITNET |  ance, pause, and think of hypertext."
{everyone}!decvax!yale!robertj |     -- K. Eric Drexler, _Engines of Creation_