[comp.lang.eiffel] Communicating Objects

dave@alfrat.uucp (Dave Cullen) (11/09/90)

I shall be working on some communications classes in the very
near future and was wondering if anyone has already written
anything for transmitting Eiffel objects between processes, either
by shared memory, IPC message queues or streams.

My first thought is to use the Eiffel STORABLE mechanism but
to write to a stream instead of a file. Any comments about this
sort of approach?

Dave Cullen            | Tel. 02102-850514
A&F System Entwicklung | Email: dave@alfrat.uucp
4030 Ratingen          | Maybe: ...!unido!alfrat.uucp!dave
W. Germany             | Meine Beutelmaus hat verstopfung!

richieb@bony1.uucp (Richard Bielak) (11/13/90)

In article <126@alfrat.uucp> dave@alfrat.uucp (Dave Cullen) writes:

>I shall be working on some communications classes in the very
>near future and was wondering if anyone has already written
>anything for transmitting Eiffel objects between processes, either
>by shared memory, IPC message queues or streams.

Dave,

I have implemented classes that use UNIX message queues to
communicate between processes. I will E-mail you my sources.

If anybody else is interested please drop me a note.

...richie

|| Richie Bielak  (212)-815-3072      |  If a thousand people say a foolish  |
|| USENET:        richieb@bony.com    |  thing, it's still a foolish thing.  |