[comp.lang.eiffel] eiffel.sources

richieb@bony1.uucp (Richard Bielak) (11/16/90)

It seems it would be nice to have an "eiffel.sources" new group
for posting Eiffel programs. How does one go about creating
such a group?

...richie

|| Richie Bielak  (212)-815-3072      |  If a thousand people say a foolish  |
|| USENET:        richieb@bony.com    |  thing, it's still a foolish thing.  |

paj@mrcu (Paul Johnson) (11/19/90)

In article <1990Nov15.181523.20844@bony1.uucp> richieb@bony1.UUCP (Richard Bielak) writes:
>It seems it would be nice to have an "eiffel.sources" new group
>for posting Eiffel programs. How does one go about creating
>such a group?

Yes, it would.  First though we need some people posting sources.
Unfortunately my company will not let me post source code I write for
fear of losing competitive advantage.  Sigh.

comp.lang.eiffel is that rare thing, a low volume group with a high
signal:noise ratio.  The only reason for creating
comp.lang.eiffel.sources would be if people who wanted the sources
could not find them amongst all the verbiage on comp.lang.eiffel (as
on the old gnu.emacs) or if there was a need to moderate the sources
postings to ensure quality (as in comp.sources.*).  Neither of these
seems to be a problem here.

If you are dead set on creating a new group, go read the monthly
postings in news.announce.newusers where the Guidelines are explained.

Paul.

--
Paul Johnson                               UUCP: <world>!mcvax!ukc!gec-mrc!paj