[comp.lang.eiffel] PC/Mac Implementations: Any Updates?

pattis@june.cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) (06/06/91)

  I haven't heard any updates on the progress of Eiffel on Macs and PCs.
Anyone out there know the status of such implementations?

  Richard E. Pattis			"Programming languages are like
  Department of Computer Science	 pizzas - they come in only "too"
    and Engineering			 sizes: too big and too small."

howard@sessun.UUCP (Rock Howard) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun5.183225.12816@beaver.cs.washington.edu> pattis@june.cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) writes:

>  I haven't heard any updates on the progress of Eiffel on Macs and PCs.
>Anyone out there know the status of such implementations?

	Eiffel/S from SIG Computer in Braunfels, Germany is an Eiffel 3.0
implementation for the PC. It is slated for an August 1 release. It will be
fairly bare-bones as far as libraries, i.e. no Windows support. No price is
available yet. Beta testing starts very shortly.

	Eiffel/Mac is a 2.3.4 port which is under development by CERco. It
will be integrated with the MPW environment. Alpha testing should commence
sometime in late summer. Final release is not slated until 1992, but we're
hoping that date is conservative.

	------ Warning!! Small commercial message! -----

	Much more information about these and other Eiffel ports such as
NeXT, Amiga, and others can be found in the second issue of my newsletter
called `Eiffel Outlook' which will be mailed out next week. Send me email
( including your street address ) and I'll send you more info about the
newsletter.

Robert Howard                                   Ph:   512/328-6406
Rock Solid Software
P.O.Box 163072                                  Email: howard@ses.com
Austin, TX, USA 78716                           or ...!uunet!sessun!howard