[ba.windows.x] Looking for X mail program

mfrost@sword (Mark Frost) (11/27/90)

Hello. I'm looking for recommendations for a good X mail program. I've seen
xmh (version 2.3.1) and didn't like it. I've also seen xmail (at patchlevel
1) and found it to be rather clumsy at times. I've also had problems with
the brute-force way it picks pseudo-ttys, but anyways...

Is there something better out there?

Please reply via e-mail.

Thanks

          -m-----------  Mark Frost    (mfrost@pyramid.com)
        ---mmm---------  System Administrator - Hardware Engineering
      -----mmmmm-------  Pyramid Technology Corporation
    -------mmmmmmm-----  1295 Charleston Rd, P.O. Box 7295
  ---------mmmmmmmmm---  Mountain View, California 94039-7295
-----------mmmmmmmmmmm-  (415) 335-8163

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (11/28/90)

In article <135714@pyramid.pyramid.com> mfrost@sword.pyramid.com (Mark Frost) writes:
> Hello. I'm looking for recommendations for a good X mail program. I've seen
> xmh (version 2.3.1) and didn't like it. I've also seen xmail (at patchlevel
> 1) and found it to be rather clumsy at times. I've also had problems with
> the brute-force way it picks pseudo-ttys, but anyways...
>
> Is there something better out there?

In January, we (ZipCode Software) are releasing beta versions of ZipMail.
This is Mush completely rewritten to support everything it does now,
plus open look and motif.  It's a superset of Mush (which means it's
backwards compatible with Mail and sun's Mailtool), but it also supports
multiple folders and many other things.  Of course, it's portable to just
about everything, but availability for any particular platform depends
on demand.

For details, call Siren Software at 415-322-0600 (they are the publishers).
--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com