[ba.windows.x] Looking for bitmaps

lmb@sat.com (Larry Blair) (05/24/91)

I'm looking for interesting bitmaps to use for backgrounds on a monochrome
system.  I already have access to the ones on decwrl, which are dated 1988.
I would be particulary interested any good Nagels (I already have kristen and
peidmont).  Ftp is ok.
--
Larry Blair   lmb@sat.com   {apple,decwrl}!sat!lmb

tucker@smsc.sony.com (Tim Tucker 817) (05/25/91)

> I'm looking for interesting bitmaps to use for backgrounds on a monochrome
> system.  I already have access to the ones on decwrl, which are dated 1988.
> i would be particulary interested any good Nagels (I already have kristen and
> peidmont).  Ftp is ok.
> --
> Larry Blair   lmb@sat.com   {apple,decwrl}!sat!lmb

I hope everyone knows that making and distributing electronic reproductions
of copyright protected works of art is illegal.  If you really like the pics,
why not go and buy them?

Tim
tucker@smsc.Sony.COM

pjs@wrl.dec.com (Philip Schneider) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.173952.8798@smsc.sony.com> tucker@smsc.sony.com (Tim Tucker 817) writes:
>> I'm looking for interesting bitmaps to use for backgrounds on a monochrome
>> system.  I already have access to the ones on decwrl, which are dated 1988.
>> i would be particulary interested any good Nagels (I already have kristen and
>> peidmont).  Ftp is ok.
>> --
>> Larry Blair   lmb@sat.com   {apple,decwrl}!sat!lmb
>
>I hope everyone knows that making and distributing electronic reproductions
>of copyright protected works of art is illegal.  If you really like the pics,
>why not go and buy them?
>
>Tim
>tucker@smsc.Sony.COM

There is a "fair use" clause in copyright laws.  It is NOT strictly
illegal to make reproductions, but one must be careful how one
distributes them.

--
Philip J. Schneider			| pjs@atd.dec.com
DEC Advanced Technology Development	| decwrl!pjs

steve@shark.cs.fau.edu (Steve Smith) (06/05/91)

(Tim Tucker 817) writes:
|> > I'm looking for interesting bitmaps to use for backgrounds on a monochrome
|> > system.  I already have access to the ones on decwrl, which are
dated 1988.
|> > i would be particulary interested any good Nagels (I already have
kristen and
|> > peidmont).  Ftp is ok.
|> > --
|> > Larry Blair   lmb@sat.com   {apple,decwrl}!sat!lmb
|>
|> I hope everyone knows that making and distributing electronic reproductions
|> of copyright protected works of art is illegal.  If you really like
the pics,
|> why not go and buy them?

Only if you agree with the law.

|> Tim
|> tucker@smsc.Sony.COM

And to think... I almost bought a Sony yesterday.

     (_____    |   (______    Internet: steves@cusdec.acc.fau.edu
___________)___|__________)   Bitnet:   S_SMITH@FAUVAX

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun04.202831.11359@cs.fau.edu>, steve@shark.cs.fau.edu (Steve Smith) writes:

|> And to think... I almost bought a Sony yesterday.

A Sony what?

Sony makes well over 1000 items from home entertainment products to
computers to professional audio and video products.  Why would the
opinion of one employee in one division making a single product make
you decide not to buy a Sony product?

I may not agree with your opinion on something, but that's not going
to affect my attitude about Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton,
Florida, or anything like that.

--
...David Elliott
...dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce