Earth would convict him.

From: william Fischer<fischer@andy.bgsu.edu>

Did you hear who the new mayor of San Francisco is?

Barney Rubble.

From: Andrea K. Frankel <andrea@sdd.hp.com>

The World Series Earthquake (as it is apparently now being called) only
goes to show what some of us have been saying for years:

Solid, physical reality isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Subject: Quale is SUCH an easy target
From: bhayes%beach.Stanford.EDU

The Second City Touring Company just came through town and had this to
say...

After his visit to Oakland to look at the 'quake damage, Dan Quale said
that this is the worst disaster to hit the United States since he was
elected Vice President.

From: sneaky.tis.llnl.gov!tim (Tim Wood)
Subject: The Quake: buy that man a drink!

Several news organizations reported that Buck Helm, the survivor
found under the Oakland freeway crushed by the earthquake, asked
for a glass of milk when he arrived at the hospital.  This is
untrue; he actually asked for a Miller Lite but the news organizations
felt this would commercialize the tragedy.  You heard it here first.
-TW

From: comcon!morgan@uunet.UUCP (comcon)

    What about that old classic....

    "Sitting on what used to be the Dock of the Bay!"

From: joe@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

Now they're calling Candlestick "Wiggley Field"...

From: ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu (Kaveh R. Ghazi)

I was told this one by my uncle at Thanksgiving Dinner...
--
Overheard at the White House:

Bush:	"So Dan, what do you think of the Berlin Wall coming down?"

Quayle:	"Oh no Mr. President, not another earthquake!"
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to funny@looking.ON.CA
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

Jokes ABOUT major current events should be sent to topical@looking.ON.CA