[net.auto] Detectors

gmm@bunker.UUCP (Gregory M. Mandas) (08/24/84)

> Subject: Re: Detectors Triggering Other Detectors
> Newsgroups: net.auto
>
> The CAT scan seems to set radar detectors off near one of our
> hospitals.  Or maybe it is one of the other gadgets, but there are
> constant reports of radar around the hospital yet noone ever sees
> a bear.
> T. C. Wheeler

Another source of false alarms is the radar used in automatic door
openers. These door openers use a radar motion sensor similar to
burgler alarms. Hospitals and airports are where my Escort finds
most of them. Next time you pass a hospital, check to see if the
automatic door has the foot tread. If not, it's the motion sensor.

Greg Mandas