[rec.humor.funny] a new, *very* high tech computer virus

sidney@saturn.ucsc.edu (Sidney Markowitz) (01/03/90)

The following was posted on comp.virus (VIRUS-L digest), attributed to
John McAfee's (of the Computer Virus Industry Association) BBS.

To: All Users

From: John McAfee

Subject: Reported Possible Virus

I received an unusual call from a Mr. Fred Hankel of Fargo,
North Dakota this morning.  Mr. Hankel was highly agitated
and after hearing his long and involved story, I was moved
to pass on this condensed summary to all who might be
interested: Mr. Hankel reports, and I have no grounds for
doubting, that a computer virus invaded his system from a
bingo game he purchased in mid-October.  The virus activated
at 11:00 A.M yesterday and promptly melted his power supply
and mother board.  As he reached for the power switch to
turn off the machine, the virus blasted a perfectly circular
hole in the front panel of his AT clone and left a three
foot oval scorch mark on the back wall of his den.  I had
not heard of this virus before and felt that an alert might
be in order.  Anyone experiencing similar symptoms should
contact us immediately.

Thank you.

--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL, yes MAIL your jokes to funny@looking.ON.CA
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  I will reply, mailers willing.

If you MUST reply to a rejection, include a description of your joke
because there is 0 chance I will remember which one it was.