[rec.humor.funny] Fwd: Signed by God

tm2b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd L. Masco) (03/16/90)

This appeared on the local Computer Science opinion bboard...

---------- Forwarded message begins here ----------

Date: 21 Jan 90 10:40:26 EST
From: Ingemar.Hulthage@ISL1.RI.CMU.EDU
Subject: Signed by God
To: BBoard.Maintainer@A.CS.CMU.EDU

I think the crucial question is not why God doesn't reveal himself us, he
may simply be to busy, creating new universes or something.
Rather, why didn't he make his existence obvious from his creations ?
For example, he could easily have signed his creatures so that we
somewhere on the animal would find something like:

	Copyright (c) The Sixth Day, God.
	This animal is commanded to be fruitful and multiply.
	It may do so freely, provided that this copyright
	notice is included.

But seriously, it is inconceivable to me that a God could have played any
significant role in the creation of the universe without leaving
unmistakable evidence of his existence.

Ingemar
--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL your jokes (jokes ONLY) to funny@looking.ON.CA
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Jokes posted instead of mailed often don't have a valid reply address.