From: Hebe.B.Quinton@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: -the last Persian war joke

Heard from a co-worker whose login name is JOKE.

Q.  What do Miss Muffet and Saddam Hussein have in common?

A.  They both have Kurds in their Whey.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Iraqi tailors
From: jsalter@ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com (Jim Salter)

Paraphrased from one of the major news anchors reporting on the Iraqi's
having arrived for the cease-fire talks:

	"Once again, the Iraqi's were well-dressed.  It seems they have
	better tailors than military tactics."

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: ROOMATE WANTED (topical)
From: rraj@mike.eng.uci.edu (Ravi Raj)

Original !

>> From: hussein@chem.weapons.nyu.edu
>> Subject: ROOMMATE WANTED
>> Date: 24 Feb 91 00:00:00 GMT

Hello! My name is Saddam Hussein. I recently moved to
New York.  I am looking for a roommate to share my
basement apartment at 1991 Bombs Helter # -1, NY.
The apartment is well furnished with 3 machine guns,
6 toy guns, and 4 hand grenades. I must admit it is
in a rather rough neighborhood, but since we will be
living underground, we will have nothing to worry about.

I go to school at NYU. I am trying to major in Chemistry,
my minor is Weapon Systems. I spend most of my time in the
lab conducting experiments. I rarely find time for anything
else. Sometimes, not even to read light bulb and matchbox jokes
on RHF. I used to work part-time at a nearby Gulf station, but
was laid off when gas prices went down. I need cash desperately,
and a roommate....
--
Saddam Hussein

P.S.: Please don't reply to this account. I have reasons to
believe my incoming e-mails are being intercepted by the CIA.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: ee5391aa@triton.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax)
Subject: Picking on Saddam Husein....

On Tuesday, Paul Harvey cited a rumor (since denied) that Saddam Husein's
son had been killed in rioting.  He noted that they still hadn't managed
to Baghdad....

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: oconnor@evax10.eng.fsu.edu (OCONNOR)
Subject: new drink at my local bar

Some commercial for the local bar "BULLWINKLE'S" waz advertising a party
they were throwing for Sadam losing the war.
   part of it was this.....

     "...come try the new SCUD PUNCH... I can't tell you whats in it
      but it goes down real easy!!!!"

--
O'Connor, James
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: amos shapir <shum.huji.ac.il!amos@watmath.UUCP>
To: Brad Templeton <brad@looking.on.ca>
Subject: Re: The RHF books saga - part 2

On the contrary, SCUD jokes are very popular, though mostly silly (I wonder
if staying too long in a sealed room affects one's brain?).  Some examples:

Where does Saddam hide his missiles?  In Scudinavia!

What kind of car does he drive?  A Scudillac!

What should one do before crossing a street in Ramat-Gan [the town which had
the most hits]?  Look to the right, to the left, and upwards!

(From a stand-up comic on TV): "They told us the chances of being hit by
a SCUD are like winning the big prize in the state lottery.  But they
forgot to tell us there are going to be three drawings every night!"

(This should be rot-13):  What's the best thing a man can do while making love
wearing gas masks?  Plug her air filter - she'll move like she'd never
moved before!

There are a lot of others, but most are either intranslatable, or require
too much background.  Anyway, if you publish the book, I'd love to order it.

	Amos Shapir		amos@shum.huji.ac.il
The Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem, Dept. of Comp. Science.
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Iraqi, chuckle
From: druid@inuxy.UUCP

Saw this on a car wash billboard in Indianapolis:

IRAQI AIR FORCE MOTTO:

I CAME I SAW IRAN
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: license plate mottos
From: eliot@dg-rtp.dg.com (Topher Eliot)

The author of a letter to the editor in today's Raleigh (North Carolina)
News and Observer suggested that the Iraqi army should adopt the license
plate motto used in North Carolina:

				First in Flight

(Kitty Hawk, where the Wright brothers made the first *controlled* powered
human flight, is in North Carolina).

--
Topher Eliot                           Data General DG/UX Internationalization
Obviously, I speak for myself, not for DG.

Subject: Rickey and Saddam
From: carlo@electro.UUCP (Carlo Sgro)

Have you ever noticed that Rickey Henderson and Saddam Hussein are the same
man?  They must be, since, besides never seeing them in the same place,
they both have a sudden need for extra money that they didn't have a year ago
and both make their living while running.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Punishing Saddam Hussein
From: asylvain@felix.UUCP (Alvin E. Sylvain)

You'll probably get dozens of this one, since I heard it on Arsenio Hall
last night.  Unfortunately, I failed to get the name of the comedian.

    "They've decided to punish Saddam Hussein for invading Kuwait.

    They're going to make him speed through LA in a white Hyundai."

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: eric@abode.wciu.edu (Eric C. Bennett)
Subject: Tomahawks

What does Sadaam Hussein and General Custer have in common?

They both want to know where the hell are those Tomahawks are coming from!

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: WELFARE@ilncrd.UUCP (A. SOLOMON EAGLSTEIN)

Here are a couple of jokes that are floating around Israel:

Q: How does one know if Patriot is kosher?
A: If it chews its cud.

Q: What name is given to newly born Jewish kids?
A: Nachman
Q: What name is given to newly born Arab kids?
A: Saddamn
Q: What name is given to newly born Ethiopean kids?
A: Schvartzkopf.

Q: What is said over an unluky Jew who is hit by a Scud?
A: Scudal V'scudash.

(These may be a bit esoteric for a wide gentile audience)

Sol Eaglstein
Director of Research
Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
Jerusalem, Israel
FAX: (Israel) 2-731640
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: hersh@expo.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Iraq joke

An original:

I hear Taco Bell is planning on suing the Iraqi army which has been using
their slogan "Make a Run for the Border"

- Jay H

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: TS01@music.alleg.edu (TS01000)
Subject: Saddam

Did you hear that Saddam just shot his wife?

He caught her drinking a Busch.
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: jld@hpfipack.fc.hp.com (Jeff Deeney)
Subject: Iraqi Blowout

(source: myself)

The outcome of the Iraqi war reminds me of a Denver Broncos Superbowl game;
a flood  of media hype, followed by a complete blowout.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: kgodfrey@bbn.com (Kathy Godfrey)
Subject: Persian Gulf, original

This is original with a non-net friend of mine, Will Murray:

Q:  What is Schwarzkopf's reply to threats from Saddam Hussein?

A:  "Yeah?  You and what army?"
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: dorfman@taurus.bitnet
Subject: Original Israeli joke

Here's a real Israeli joke. Coming to you straight from Tel-Aviv! :)

Q: How does a Tel-Avivi cross the road?

A: Looks to the left, looks to the right, looks up, and crosses...

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Cottage Cheese
From: carm@cs.umd.edu (Richard Chimera)

Q.  Why doesn't Saddam Hussein like cottage cheese?

A.  Because he hates it when the Kurds are in the way.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: V2153A@templevm.UUCP (Eleanor M. Cicinsky)
Subject: Dentists at Desert Storm

Now that the war is over, doctors and dentists have been checking the Iraqi POW
's.  The dentists are finding that 30 Iraqi soldiers equal one set of teeth.

  --part of an opening remark from a Research Administrator's meeting---

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: sane@cs.uiuc.edu (Aamod Sane)
Subject: Golfers against Saddam

From a New York times advertisement

	SADDAM HUSSEIN
     imprinted Golf Balls

 * Enjoy driving that face 300 yds.
 * Excellent Gift
 * Take out your frustration
	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: bjb@hubcap.clemson.edu (BJ Backitis (KM4RB))
Subject: Open the door, let me in

This was told to me by my girlfriend... it was told to her by a co-worker
whose brother just got home from the Gulf region.  He flew on some of the
air sortees, firing some of the "smart" technology weapons.

Apparently, for several missions this group had been trying to knock out one
particularly well-constructed bunker which contained an ammo depo, plus some
control operations centers.  Several hits to the roof (highly reinforced
concrete) proved to be ineffective.  So, at one pre-mission briefing, our
pilot is told to use a "smart" weapon against the FRONT DOOR of the bunker.
The actual target was, in fact, the door lock and handle mechanism, in hopes
that a direct hit would be access to the bunker more difficult.

So the mission goes up as scheduled, and the pilot "acquires" his target (the
door lock) and fires.  As the door was almost as sturdy as the walls, they
thought there would be detonation right on the door, but to their surprise the
missle kept going right inside the bunker and detonated... in quite a
impressive manner, apparently.

Video footage shot from the plane showed that, about one second before the
missle was to hit, an Iraqi solder had opened the door!

(I can't guarantee it, but this is supposed to be true)

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Kosher Missles
From: jamie@gaul.csd.uwo.ca (Jamie Blustein)

    I've heard this so many times that I've decided to submit it.

Q:  How do we know Patriot Missles(tm) are kosher?

A:  They chew their Scuds.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=
From: levy%fndcd.dnet@fngate.UUCP (Mark E. Levy, ext. 8056)
Subject: Desert Storm headquarters

Sign seen on the Marines' first division command center, Saudi Arabia:

	MARINES: When you care to send the very best.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

Subject: Iraqi Army Regulations
From: berry@idi.UUCP (Berry Kercheval)

The Iraqi verions of the classic army regulations can be summarized as:

 	If it doesn't move, hide behind it.
	If it does move, surrender to it.

  --berry

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: jms@netcom.com (John Schonholtz)
Subject: Soviet measure of quality

Supposedly this joke has been going around Moscow (from the current FORTUNE):

Q:	What's the difference between Aeroflot and the Scud Missile?

A:	Aeroflot has killed more people.

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: kyles@microsoft.UUCP
Subject: Safer as Allied troup than US driver

FROM: Dan Quigley @ Microsoft

(Jan - Feb 1991)

Allied KIA's  		                     182

People killed in US traffic accidents
during same period of time                 4,440

(source: US News and World Report)

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: bobd@zaphod.UUCP (Bob Dalgleish)
Subject: American Strongman

[This has been haunting me -- I hope it is not deja vu]

[Wash., D.C.] -- In a press conference today, President Bush announced
that, in light of the great popularity he is enjoying, he wants to be
described in news reports as "American Strongman George Bush".  "President
Bush, while respectful, just does not have that ring to it."  Recent
events in the Middle East, and Panama have demonstrated not only his
manhood but his strength.

When asked if the title shouldn't be changed to "North American
Strongman", Bush replied that any tinpot dictator that wanted to take
the title away from him, should just go ahead and try.  "After all,
why should Manuel get a title like that when I helped him get where he
got?"

"This should put to rest any lingering doubts in the minds of the people
about my manhood.  I can now take it out of escrow."

	=	=	=	=	=	=	=	=

From: dag@control.lth.se (Dag Bruck)
Subject: George Bush, leader of the free world

USA Today, March 14, 1991:

	George Bush -- leader of the free world.

Translated to contemporary English:

	George Bush -- mother of all presidents.

--
Dag Bruck, Dept. of Automatic Control, Lund, Sweden.	[original]

--
Edited by Brad Templeton.  MAIL your jokes (jokes ONLY) to funny@looking.ON.CA
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Remember: Always give your jokes a descriptive "Subject:" line.
So many people use "joke" or "submission" like I was expecting something else?