[net.auto] "0-55 in 2.6" and other old wives' tales

an@hou2h.UUCP (Flash) (09/26/84)

-
>> From: some big-block small-brained motorhead:
>> ... one could go to any Chevy house in the USA and buy a 1965 Corvette
>> with a big block ... [AND STOP THE EARTH'S ROTATION!]

> From: Jack Hagerty @ Zehntel, ...!ihnp4!zehntel!jackh
> I love it when all of you big block motorheads quote performance figures
> from memories that get ever more rosy with time ...  [Proceeds to quote
> '65 R&T and C&D, which shows 65 Vette to be a fine BOAT ANCHOR.]

I think motorheads who are convicted of telling tall tales should be
condemned to sucking hydraulic lifters!

	Au
		"Hey, your bearing just lost all its balls!"

PS.  To throw a monkey wrench into the works, my 10.84 "Cycle" shows
that the Yamaha Venture, a full-boat luxury old-fart everything-but-the-
electric-tampon-remover *TOURING* bike, is capable of 0-60 in 3.92 seconds!
Anybody got a '65 Vette?  I need a new boat anchor!