[u3b.tech] Hanging a 2nd disk off a 3b2-310

friedl@vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) (01/02/89)

In article <17996@adm.BRL.MIL>, abc@adm.BRL.MIL (Brint Cooper) writes:
> Does such a journal still exist?  Could someone provide me with some
> info, say a mailing address for subscriptions, etc?

The _3B Journal_ does indeed exist:

	3B Journal
	Owens-Laing Publications
	P.O. Box 2409
	Redmond, WA  98073-2409
	+1 206 868 0913
	$25/year (six issues)

     Their publishing schedule is pretty sporadic, the technical
content is low, and many issues are not much more than repackaged
AT&T press releases.  Some net.folks (i.e., Len) have had bad
experiences with the folks at 3BJ, and their ill feelings are not
unwarranted.

     Nevertheless, they recently moved from Montana to Washington
state, and the magazine has taken on a new, slicker look.  In
addition, some people (i.e. "me") are working to help get some
fairly technical articles published -- I'm told that my "Running
a Standalone Shell on a 3B2" article will be in the next issue.

     I support the 3BJ because I want there to be a journal for
the 3B family.  While it is no kind of technical powerhouse now,
it can only get better as they get on more firm footing.  If you
know something about anything in the 3B family (UNIX PC and 63*
too), offer to write them an article.  I have found them
reasonable to deal with (others will differ), and it is kind of
fun to be published :-).

     For more info, contact the publisher, Paul Owens, at
attmail!alpha!plo, and if you want to write an article, I'm
available for writing advice...

      Steve

P.S. - Two to one Len has a rebuttal to this :-).

--
Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl@vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.        I speak for me only      attmail!vsi!friedl