[u3b.tech] 3B2 Boards

pnelson@amriver.uucp (Paul Nelson) (01/16/91)

   I received a 3B2/310 and have been able to identify all
the boards except 2.
   One board has a 37 hole socket facing outward, on the
left side of the board, with a little LED just to the left
of it. The stamp on this board says KS-23267-L2-M.
   The second board has a 15 hole socket on the left and the
stamp CM195A on the board.
   These boards came with the used system and no software. :-(
   Could one of these be a SCSI board? (I hope??)

----
Paul Nelson
amriver!pnelson@sactoh0.sac.ca.us

pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com (Philip A. Gross) (01/23/91)

pnelson@amriver.uucp (Paul Nelson) writes:

>   I received a 3B2/310 and have been able to identify all
>the boards except 2.
>   One board has a 37 hole socket facing outward, on the
>left side of the board, with a little LED just to the left
>of it. The stamp on this board says KS-23267-L2-M.

This is not a SCSI board, at least not one made by/for AT&T.
A SCSI board has 2 50-pin Berg connectors on it, one for each
SCSI bus.

Unfortunately, I have not come across anything that I can recall
that looks like this.  It might be a 3270 bisync board, but I am
not certain.

>   The second board has a 15 hole socket on the left and the
>stamp CM195A on the board.

This is most likely an Ethernet card.  You can probably connect this
to an AUI and connect into a 10MB 10BaseT StarLAN network.

Philip A. Gross       The Computer Solution Co., Inc.       Voice: 804-794-3491
INTERNET:	pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com
USENET:		...!tcsc3b2!pag
UUCP:		tcsc3b2!pag	(804)794-1514
ATTMAIL:	attmail!tcsc3b2!pag
        The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and nobody elses.
        << I haven't heard what I have to say about that yet. >> :-)

mvadh@cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) (01/25/91)

pnelson@amriver.uucp (Paul Nelson) writes:

"   I received a 3B2/310 and have been able to identify all
"the boards except 2.
"   One board has a 37 hole socket facing outward, on the
"left side of the board, with a little LED just to the left
"of it. The stamp on this board says KS-23267-L2-M.

i think this is an x.25 card.  i don't know the details of the
interface, but 2 rs232(v.35?) synchronous cables attach to it and
terminate in db25s.

--
Andrew Hay		+------------------------------------------------------+
Ragged Individualist	| 	You just have _N_O idea!  It's the difference    |

kevin@cfctech.cfc.com (Kevin Darcy) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan25.121030.22669@cbnews.att.com> mvadh@cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) writes:
>pnelson@amriver.uucp (Paul Nelson) writes:
>

>"   I received a 3B2/310 and have been able to identify all
>"the boards except 2.
>"   One board has a 37 hole socket facing outward, on the
>"left side of the board, with a little LED just to the left
>"of it. The stamp on this board says KS-23267-L2-M.
>
>i think this is an x.25 card.  i don't know the details of the
>interface, but 2 rs232(v.35?) synchronous cables attach to it and
>terminate in db25s.

Close! Have a cigar.

It's an ISC card. _I_ntelligent _S_erial _C_ontroller. X.25 is -one- of the
things which can be run on it, but on this continent, it's more likely to be
used for SNA/sdlc/bisync/RJE/LU6.2 (i.e. Big Blue protocols). Supposedly, it
handles speeds up to 56K, but we have buffering problems even at 9.6, and we
only use -one- of the two cables!!!

Not exactly a good trade for an EPORTS boards if you're short on I/O slots...

Bon appetit!!

Drop me a line if you have any questions about these suckers.

kevin@cfctech.cfc.com 		  | Kevin Darcy, Unix Systems Administrator
...sharkey!cfctech!kevin 	  | Technical Services (CFC)
Voice: (313) 948-4863 		  | Chrysler Corporation
Fax:   (313) 948-4975 		  | 27777 Franklin, Southfield, MI 48034