[u3b.tech] 3B2 vs. Telebit

ebd@fang.ATT.COM (Elliot B Dierksen) (02/01/91)

I just recently aquired a TB+ for my 3B2 and I was looking for suggestions on
the best way to handle the flow control. I tried using CTS/RTS and the 3B2
never saw anything from the modem. It's running currently with no flow
control, but I think my throughput isn't as good as it could be. Any
suggestions welcomed. I checked the Telebit info from uunet, but not mention
of 3B2's....   :-(

Thanx,

EBD
--
Elliot Dierksen        "I don't care if my lettuce has DDT on it,
                        as long as it's crisp!!" -- Jorma Kaukonen

ebd@fang.ATT.COM (Elliot B Dierksen) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Jan31.220647.20647@fang.ATT.COM>, ebd@fang.ATT.COM (Elliot B Dierksen) writes:
> I just recently aquired a TB+ for my 3B2 and I was looking for suggestions on
> the best way to handle the flow control. I tried using CTS/RTS and the 3B2
> never saw anything from the modem. It's running currently with no flow
> control, but I think my throughput isn't as good as it could be. Any
> suggestions welcomed. I checked the Telebit info from uunet, but not mention
> of 3B2's....   :-(

A little more info. 3B2/400 running R3.2. Modem is on an HPORTS (4 serial, 1
parallel) port. I have access to an EPORTS (8 serial) card if that will help.
Modem is a Trailblazer+, 3.0 ROMS (Yes 3.0!!!).

kevin@cfctech:  I tried to respond to your mail, but it hasn't gotten
through.

Thanks,

EBD
--
Elliot Dierksen        "It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."
                        --  "This is Spinal Tap"