[u3b.tech] 5620 DMD software/examples/nifties wanted

morgan@ms.uky.edu (Wes Morgan) (03/12/91)

I just brought up a TeleType 5620 DMD terminal.  Does anyone
know of any nifty programs for this sucker, other than the
standard demos included with the core utilities?

Rumor once had it that a marvelous game, along the lines
of Space Invaders, existed for this display terminal.  Any
pointers out there?

--
 morgan@ms.uky.edu    |Wes Morgan, not speaking for|     ....!ukma!ukecc!morgan
 morgan@engr.uky.edu  |the University of Kentucky's|   morgan%engr.uky.edu@UKCC

prg@mgweed.UUCP (Gunsul) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar11.213015.11686@ms.uky.edu>, morgan@ms.uky.edu (Wes Morgan) writes:
> I just brought up a TeleType 5620 DMD terminal.  Does anyone

Great terminal!!  I still have one sitting on my desk!

> know of any nifty programs for this sucker, other than the
> standard demos included with the core utilities?
>
> Rumor once had it that a marvelous game, along the lines
> of Space Invaders, existed for this display terminal.  Any
> pointers out there?

Three or four come to mind.  I have;

	gebaca (This might be the one you are talking about)
	cent   (a centipede game)
	crabs  (these little guys crawl all over the screen and eat
                other windows!)
	postcard (a neat French post-card with lots of action for
		  your demo file)

I think I get the most pleasure from using the DMD with troff
and a program called "proof"...  There are other terminal now
to replace the 5620, but I wouldn't give mine up!

  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------    AT&T Information Systems