[comp.windows.ms] Windows 2.0x on the Tandy 2000?

robert@jetsun.WEITEK.COM (Robert Plamondon) (11/13/88)

I have a Tandy 2000 on which I have successfully installed Windows
1.03.  The Tandy 2000 is a non-XT-compatible machine that was
introduced before the AT, and discontinued in 1986.  Tandy did a
Windows driver for it around 1985.

I have been unable to get it to work with Windows 2.03.  It seems
possible that, given the proper combination of Tandy's files and
drivers and Microsoft's files and drivers, something could be made to
work.

Can anybody give a definitive yes/no answer about the Tandy 2000 and
Windows 2.x?

	-- Robert
--
    Robert Plamondon
    robert@weitek.COM

kuan@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Yih-pyng Kuan) (11/15/88)

Article 1 of comp.windows.ms:
From: billc@mirror.TMC.COM (Bill Callahan)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms
Subject: CodeView under new Windows
Date: 11 Nov 88 15:15:48 GMT

Well, it's time to get the ball rolling for this newsgroup, so I will start
it with a question.

What experiences have people had with installing and using CodeView under
Windows?  I have heard much hype, but no word from someone who has done it.
How did it go, and, what sort of machine and periperals did you use?

Bill Callahan			 billc@mirror.TMC.COM
		{mit-eddie, pyramid, wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!billc

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 88 20:56:08 est
From: kuan (Yih-pyng Kuan)
To: billc@prism.TMC.COM
Subject: Re: CodeView under new Windows
Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms

Hi,
   I don't use ms-windows for a while. As far as I can remember, you can
use another monitor to show windows and use your original monitor to
show debugging tool's screen. At that time, there was no connection
between windows and code-view, but there was connection between windows
and symdeb.
   If this does not answer your question and if you get answer, please
inform me.

Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms
Subject: Re: Windows 2.0x on the Tandy 2000?

--
>ccastgw@pyr.gatech.edu
>GREG WILLIAMS "Barbaric Penguin"
>Disclaimer: The usual stuff.

About the cursor not showing, I guess it's a bug of Windows.
You can remove the connector of the mouse and replug it again.
If this solve your problem, tell me.