[comp.windows.ms] Windows/386 for Inboard 386/PC

mcmillan@dory.cis.ohio-state.edu (Harold McMillan) (11/17/88)

In the last post, I said that XVT-DRAW has misaligned arrowheads.  To be more
clear I should have said I have seen an instance of misaligned arrowheads.

Now, on with the question...
Does anyone know if Windows/386 will run with an Intel Inboard 386/PC?
If so, will there be any advantages over Windows 2.03 if I only have the
standard 1 Meg of memory?
-=-
Hal McMillan                          |
mcmillan@io.cis.ohio-state.edu        |   "Open the pod bay doors, HAL".
CompuServe 72627,642                  |

markh@rtech.rtech.com (Mark Hanner) (11/18/88)

In article <27726@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> mcmillan@dory.cis.ohio-state.edu (Harold McMillan) writes:
>Does anyone know if Windows/386 will run with an Intel Inboard 386/PC?
>If so, will there be any advantages over Windows 2.03 if I only have the
>standard 1 Meg of memory?

I have Windows/386 2.1 running on an old IBM PC-2 with the Inboard 386/PC, and
it's wonderful. BUT i do have the full 3 MB of memory, and the documentation
says you need 2MB. I believe intel has recently dropped the price of the add
on memory card (i paid an ungodly amount several months ago).

--
markh@rtech.UUCP
ucbvax!mtxinu!rtech!markh

pa1022@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1022) (11/18/88)

In article <27726@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> mcmillan@dory.cis.ohio-state.edu (Harold McMillan) writes:
>Does anyone know if Windows/386 will run with an Intel Inboard 386/PC?
>If so, will there be any advantages over Windows 2.03 if I only have the
>standard 1 Meg of memory?

Yes, Windows/386 lists the Inboard as one of the options when it
asks  what computer you have.  It'll let you run standard
applications (even ones that think they write directly to the
screen) inside windows.  However, Microsoft recommends that you have
at least 2 megs.

--
These views are mine.  If anybody else shares them, they're probably
                        freaks, too.

Don't blame me!  I voted for Bill & Opus.         "Make pizza, not war."