[comp.windows.ms] Windows Card Filing

moretz@topaz.rutgers.edu (Lawrence R. Moretz) (01/07/89)

Does anyone have the details as to how the standard windows
CARDFILE application stores its files?

Or perhaps does anyone know of an application which will
take the CARDFILE and do an easy mail merge into a wordprocessor
(ie WRITE)

Thanks,
Larry Moretz
moretz@topaz.rutgers.edu

In article <Jan.6.12.47.38.1989.11593@topaz.rutgers.edu> moretz@topaz.rutgers.edu (Lawrence R. Moretz) writes:

>Does anyone have the details as to how the standard windows
>CARDFILE application stores its files?
>
>Larry Moretz
>moretz@topaz.rutgers.edu

The source to CARDFILE is included in the Windows SDK.  Some of it's
in assembler & the whole program is surprisingly long (it seems to me),
but you should be able to figure out the file format from the source.

riordanmr@clvax1.cl.msu.edu

posert@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Bob Posert) (01/17/89)

>In <1458@cps3xx.UUCP> someone writes:
>
>The source to CARDFILE is included in the Windows SDK.  Some of it's
>in assembler & the whole program is surprisingly long (it seems to me),
>but you should be able to figure out the file format from the source.

I can't exactly afford the SDK.  If anyone has figured out the format,
I'd appreciate knowing - I need to get some info from a cardfile into
a (non-windows) C program.

As always, thanks in advance.

--Bob
--