[comp.windows.ms] file i/o and lstrxxx

roper@june.cs.washington.edu (Michael Roper) (02/09/89)

John Ramspott writes:

> Second, I noticed that many of the programs in the Petzold
> book don't link under Windows 2.1. They can't find any of
> the "undocumented" file I/O like _lseek, _lread, _lwrite,
> etc. I called Microsoft and they said they had been removed
> in the "upgrade" :-). They recommend writing these routines

I'm not sure what problem you are having, but both the file i/o
functions you mention and the lstrxxx() functions are still part
of the SDK.  You'll find that "winexp.h" in the cardfile sample
code contains all the prototypes you need.  I doubt that these
functions will disappear anytime soon.  Try Online for more
reliable information on the Windows SDK.

Mike Roper