[comp.windows.ms] Re^2: Running TCP/IP Software under MS Windows

jesper@freja.diku.dk (Jesper L. Lauritsen) (02/09/89)

In article <460@msn005.misemi> cad@msn005.misemi (_syscad_) writes:
>Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of some other TCP/IP Software that
>will allow me to run a telnet session etc. under windows ?

Exelan tells me they can do it. I have not seen it my self, though.

--Jesper

-----
Jesper L. Lauritsen, Center for Applied Datalogy, Univ. of Copenhagen
jesper@freja.diku.dk or ibtjll@vm.ibt.dk or ibtjll@dkibt.bitnet

bcarb@KSP.Unisys.COM (Brian Carb) (02/11/89)

We use Excelan.  We can run interactive programs such as telnet
under Windows.  Telnet runs fine in a window, and we can have a
number of windows each running Telnet simultaneously.  We can also
run windows applications that use TCP/IP streams using Excelan's
socket library.

We are using Unisys PCs (ATs) running windows 286.  Our Windows
applications use the large model libraries.  We could not get
this to work using FTP Software's release 1.0, and FTP didn't
offer much hope for it working under 2.0.  The Excelan hardware
and software work very well, and Excelan support people were
very helpful in showing me how to get it working with Windows.

btw - Unisys is a reseller of the Excelan 205T card, as well as
the PC software which we market as NET-PC.

bcarb