[comp.windows.ms] WM_* message order

divo@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Mark Divittorio) (02/18/89)

Does anyone know the order of messages sent when windows creates and activates
a window.  What order do ACTIVATE, FOCUS, CREATE etc. get sent in ?

I have looked thru the SDK and have been unable to find it .....

SPY doesn't work because the window does not exist yet ....

Any info out there ?
Mark DiVittorio
att!hpfcla!!hpvcla!divo

roper@june.cs.washington.edu (Michael Roper) (02/18/89)

Mark Divittorio writes:

> Does anyone know the order of messages sent when windows creates
> and activates a window.  What order do ACTIVATE, FOCUS, CREATE etc.
> get sent in ?
>
> Any info out there ?

Sure -- it's called symdeb.  Set a breakpoint on the window proc and
inspect the args on the stack.  You should have a hardcopy of windows.h
handy so you can decode the message numbers.

Mike Roper