[comp.windows.ms] Need recommendations on Microsoft C book

marcos@oravax.UUCP (Marcos Lam) (03/22/89)

I am looking for a good book on Microsoft C (version 5).  I do not need a book
of beginner level for I am quite proficient in C.  I need information on new
features (such as function declarations), and things that are different from
the C described in Ritchie and Kernighan's book.  I would appreciate any
recommendations, and thanks in advance.

By the way, I posted a similar message in comp.lang.c about a week ago but
I have received no reply so far.  I hope I have better luck this time.

Marcos
------
Odyssey Research
301A Dates Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850-1313
oravax!marcos@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu

adc@hpindda.HP.COM (Alan Carwile) (03/23/89)

There's additional info on function prototypes and some other new features
of C (not specifically Microsoft C) in Kernighan and Ritchie's new version,
the second edition.  Beyond that, we use just the Microsoft C manuals
themselves.
...alan carwile  Hewlett Packard   adc@hpda.hp.com

beckman@dev386.UUCP (Zacharias Beckman) (03/28/89)

In article <762@oravax.UUCP>, marcos@oravax.UUCP (Marcos Lam) writes:
> I am looking for a good book on Microsoft C (version 5).  I do not need a book
> of beginner level for I am quite proficient in C.  I need information on new

I highly recommend the "Microsoft C Programmers Bible" (or some very similar
name) by the Waite Group.  They also make a very nice reference book on ANSI
C (just a pocket sized manual).  Between the two, I need no other document-
ation.

Zacharias Beckman.

garison@mirror.UUCP (Gary Piatt) (04/06/89)

Try _The Microsoft C Bible_ from the Waite Group (I don't remember
the authors' names).  It's everything in the MSC manuals condensed
into one volume.

			-Garison-