[comp.windows.ms] Need Help with DDE Server

jal@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu (04/27/89)

I am trying to write a DDE server that requires POKE transactions.
I have the thing written and it works fine with the "ACME DDE
Application" from Microsoft.  As I understand it, the ultimate test
for a DDE app is to work with Excel and my app does not work with
Excel (I am using an Excel command macro to communicate with my DDE
server).

At this point I am looking for anyone who could provide samples
of source which implements a DDE server which supports POKE
transactions and works with Excel.  If you can help I would
appreciate it.

Thanks.

I program ... therefore I am.

John Lefor    	University of Rochester		Dept of E. Engineering
716-275-8265	jal@ee.rochester.edu		uunet!ur-valhalla!jal

steve@siesoft (steve) (05/08/89)

In article <2136@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu> jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) writes:
>I am trying to write a DDE server that requires POKE transactions.
>I have the thing written and it works fine with the "ACME DDE
>Application" from Microsoft.  As I understand it, the ultimate test
>for a DDE app is to work with Excel and my app does not work with
>Excel (I am using an Excel command macro to communicate with my DDE
>server).

    What is the "ACME DDE Application" spoken of above ?

    Steve Draper (steve@siesoft.co.uk)