[comp.windows.ms] Windows/286 Crippled? : was

yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap) (05/16/89)

Ok.  If we're going to have an argument let's do it with maturity and
drop the childish flaming.  Hopefully, we'll salvage something worthwile
from a discussion with such a bleak beginning, and the other people on
the net won't think us complete morons.  Obviously, we were both rather
emotional when we wrote our respective postings: me, because I was
disappointed in Windows/286 for what it didn't do, you, because (I can only
speculate) you didn't appreciate the criticism towards MS.  Let's stop
this now.  At the end of your posting, you _told_ me to email flames
directly to you, I don't consider this a flame and I don't generally do
what I'm _told_ (Geez, you would not believe the amount of restraint I'm
excercising here :-).  If, with my posting, I insulted you, I apologize.

Now, to the task at hand.  All I want to know is whether Windows/286 was
deliberatly crippled so as not to compete with OS/2 and PM.  Considering
the sharpness of your attack below, I feel you (being an MS employee) owe
it to a prospective customer (me) to give a straight-forward, sincere
answer.  It would be nice if the new version of Windows (whatever you
choose to call it) supported the protected mode of the 286, I don't think
OS/2 is worth the extra memory chi- Ohhh...

	....I'm just going to leave it at that.

Davin.