[comp.windows.ms] Excel Demo Wanted

tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu (Tom [Chris] Murphy) (05/18/89)

I was on CompuServe a limited-use demo of Excel (spreadsheet size
limited as I recall).  I don't feel like spending $50 to download a
demo program, so I am wondering if this is available somewhere on
the net, or if someone has this and would be willing to send me a copy.
Thanks.

--
Thomas C. Murphy         Worcester Polytechnic Institute CAD Lab
Internet:   tmurphy@zaphod.wpi.edu   tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu

In article <2319@wpi.wpi.edu> tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu (Tom [Chris] Murphy) writes:
>(wants to locate)   a limited-use demo of Excel (spreadsheet size
>limited as I recall).  I don't feel like spending $50 to download a
>
>--
>Thomas C. Murphy         Worcester Polytechnic Institute CAD Lab

Better yet, you can get Microsoft to send you a copy free.
See their ads in recent computer magazines.  I called, and they sent
me a demo Excel that works fine--it's just limited to 64 rows & 16
columns.  I can't seem to find the 800 number I called, but if you
call Microsoft at (800)426-9400, I'm sure that you'll eventually
get to the right person.

The files supplied on the 1.44 MB floppy version fill the entire
diskette--only 1024 bytes left over.

riordanmr@clvax1.cl.msu.edu

shapiro@rb-dc1.UUCP (Mike Shapiro) (05/25/89)

In article <3045@cps3xx.UUCP> riordan@frith.UUCP (Mark Riordan) writes:
>In article <2319@wpi.wpi.edu> tmurphy@wpi.wpi.edu (Tom [Chris] Murphy) writes:
>>(wants to locate)   a limited-use demo of Excel (spreadsheet size

>Better yet, you can get Microsoft to send you a copy free.
>See their ads in recent computer magazines.  I called, and they sent
>me a demo Excel that works fine--it's just limited to 64 rows & 16
>columns.

In the May 9, 1989, Wall Street Journal, Microsoft advertised:

"... But we'd rather show you.  So write, or simply call us at
(800)323-3577, Dept. J53, and ask for the free Working Model of
Microsoft Excel ..."

(I presume the department number was probably to tell them which
publication the call was in response to.)

--
Michael Shapiro, Encore Computer Corporation (formerly Gould/GSD)
15378 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128