[comp.windows.ms] MS-Windows Libraries & Public Domain Software

gururaj@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Ravi Gururaj) (08/01/89)

1.
Does anyone out there in NETLAND know of any general purpose libraries
for MS-Windows. Example function libraries that do implement graphs (
bar, pie, scatter etc), statistical analysis, complex math etc....
Are there any libraries developed specially for Windows? Either DDL's
or regular libraries?
2.
Where can I get a hold of Public Domain MS-Windows Software.

Thanks in advance
Ravi Gururaj
University of Pennsylvania

In article <13343@netnews.upenn.edu> gururaj@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Ravi Gururaj) writes:
>2.
>Where can I get a hold of Public Domain MS-Windows Software.

I have a collection of public domain / shareware MS Windows software
on clvax1.cl.msu.edu (35.8.2.1).  Use anonymous FTP (works for
PUT as well as GET--hint, hint).

Mark Riordan   riordanmr@clvax1.cl.msu.edu

bturner@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Turner) (08/02/89)

> 1.
> Does anyone out there in NETLAND know of any general purpose libraries
> for MS-Windows. Example function libraries that do implement graphs (
> bar, pie, scatter etc), statistical analysis, complex math etc....
> Are there any libraries developed specially for Windows? Either DDL's
> or regular libraries?

I believe that Micrografx has their graphics library for Windows available
for purchase.  That's all I know of...

--Bill Turner (bturner@hp-pcd.hp.com)
HP Corvallis Information Systems

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (08/03/89)

In article <13343@netnews.upenn.edu> gururaj@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Ravi Gururaj) writes:
>2.
>Where can I get a hold of Public Domain MS-Windows Software.

The best place that I know of for getting PD Windows stuff is off CompuServe.
They have a pretty fair amount of public domain software on there that you
can download, and there are some examples of DLL's there, I think.
--
"I place my faith in fools.  Self confidence, my friends call it."
					-Edgar Allen Poe

Patrick Deupree -> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us