[comp.windows.ms] Running an application from a Windows application

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (09/13/89)

Can someone please tell me how to launch/run another application program from
within a Windows application. I have scoured the Windows SDK documentation, but
can't find a word about it. Plenty of applications do this (eg. Command Post,
etc).
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983

rossh@umd5.umd.edu (Hollis "NeXT-Dood" Ross) (09/15/89)

In article <7786@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) writes:
>Can someone please tell me how to launch/run another application program from
>within a Windows application.

When I was at Microsoft U., I asked the instructor, and he gave me an
example program which I will dig up.  If there is enought interest, I
will post it (Assuming that there are no copyright problems).

Hollis Ross

"Gozer the Gozarian, as a duly appointed represenative   | rossh@umd5.umd.edu
 of the, State, County and City of New York, I do hereby | Bitnet: rossh@umdd
 command you to cease all paranormal activity and return |---------------------
 forthwit to your place of origin, or the nearest 	 | Bill the cat says
 convient parallel dimension" -  Ghostbusters	 	 | "Just say Ack!"