[comp.windows.ms] Cyrillic Font for MS-Windows?

paluzzi@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Peter Paluzzi- ZeroOne) (09/26/89)

My wife is taking a course in Russian language and it would be helpful
if I could find a Cyrillic font which would work with MS-Write.  Doe's
anyone know of such a font, commercial or public-domain?

Peter Paluzzi
Sterling Software, ZeroOne Group
Advance Computing Facility, NASA/Ames, MS 233-3
Moffett Field, CA 94035

paluzzi@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

Peter Paluzzi
Sr. Graphics Analyst
Sterling Software, ZeroOne Group
NASA/Ames Research Center, Advanced Computing Facility

jcmorris@mbunix.mitre.org (Joseph C. Morris) (09/27/89)

In a recent article paluzzi@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov writes:
>My wife is taking a course in Russian language and it would be helpful
>if I could find a Cyrillic font which would work with MS-Write.  Doe's
>anyone know of such a font, commercial or public-domain?

SoftCraft markets an inexpensive Cyrillic font (10/12/14 point, I think)
for the LaserJet.  Their font installation kit can generate the screen
fonts which Windows needs for the display.

The quality of the font is quite decent.  I bought it a few years ago
to play with at home, but never found a real need for it, and I'm not sure
I can find the files in a reasonable time to check them now.  Call SoftCraft
for a quote.

paluzzi@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Peter Paluzzi- ZeroOne) (09/28/89)

In article <72349@linus.UUCP> jcmorris@mbunix (Morris) writes:
.
.
.
.
>SoftCraft markets an inexpensive Cyrillic font (10/12/14 point, I think)
>for the LaserJet.  Their font installation kit can generate the screen
>fonts which Windows needs for the display.
>
>The quality of the font is quite decent.  I bought it a few years ago
>to play with at home, but never found a real need for it, and I'm not sure
>I can find the files in a reasonable time to check them now.  Call SoftCraft
>for a quote.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I am not familiar with SoftCraft.  Could
you tell me their address or where they are located?

Pete Paluzzi

Peter Paluzzi, Sr. Graphics Analyst, Sterling Software, ZeroOne Group
Advanced Computing Facility, NASA/Ames Research Center, Mail Stop 233-3
Moffett Field, CA  94035
paluzzi@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov                            (415) 694-4589