[comp.windows.ms] run=

ccdcheng@castor.ucdavis.edu (Paul Cheng) (10/07/89)

I have a small question.  Is it possible to define the dimensions of the
windows that start up when I use the automatic execution command in win.ini?
I am using Windows/286 2.1.  If you still don't understand, you know how
on the Sun workstations you can save screen layout?  I would like to do
something to that effect in ms windows.  Thanks.

Paul

*============================================================================*
*  Paul Cheng                       | internet: pccheng@ucdavis.edu or       *
*  Computing Services               |           ccdcheng@castor.ucdavis.edu  *
*  93 Hutchison Hall                | BITNET:   pccheng@ucdavis              *
*  University of California, Davis  | UUCP:     ucdavis!pccheng or           *
*  Telephone: (916) 752-0242        |           ucdavis!castor!ccdcheng      *
*============================================================================*

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (10/09/89)

In article <5521@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> ccdcheng@castor.ucdavis.edu (Paul Cheng) writes:
>I have a small question.  Is it possible to define the dimensions of the
>windows that start up when I use the automatic execution command in win.ini?
>I am using Windows/286 2.1.  If you still don't understand, you know how
>on the Sun workstations you can save screen layout?  I would like to do
>something to that effect in ms windows.  Thanks.

There exists a program called DESKSAVE which allows you to save your Windows
desktop ie what programs should be loaded when you start Windows. This
remembers also window sizes and places. You can ftp this program from
address below.

--
	Harri Valkama			: email:  hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (internet)
Computer Centre, University of Vaasa	: