[comp.windows.ms] MS Systems Journal code

scott@qtnet.uucp (Scott McLeod) (10/13/89)

Does anybody have any information on where I can obtain the
code listed in the MSJ. The only methods listed in the magazine
refer to BBS's, etc. within the USA, which is a bit TOO expensive
when you're in the UK.

Please mail, I'll post if there's lots of interest.

Thanks in advance,
Scott.

| Scott McLeod, Quotron (UK)            "paranoia is total awareness"   |
| Phone: +44 1 353 6723                 email:  scott@quotnet.co.uk     |
| Fax: +44 1 353 6689                   or      ..ukc!qtnet!scott       |

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (10/18/89)

Are there any hosted ANSI C compilers for Microsoft Windows?
Or, are there third-party run-time packages that turn Microsoft C 5.1
back into a full hosted implementation? I now have an official
(well, a definitive answer from a member) opinion that Microsoft C
5.1
is not a hosted implementation. I would like to be able to call
graphics calls from standard programs.

Doug McDonald

leefi@microsoft.UUCP (Lee Fisher) (11/04/89)

In comp.windows.ms, Scott McLeod <scott@quotnet.co.uk> asked:

> Does anybody have any information on where I can obtain the code
> listed in the MSJ. The only methods listed in the magazine refer to
> BBS's, etc. within the USA, which is a bit TOO expensive when you're
> in the UK. Please mail, I'll post if there's lots of interest.

Machine readable versions of the code published in Microsoft Systems
Journal (MSJ) is available on the information systems Microsoft OnLine,
CompuServe, and GEnie, and on two bulletin boards in the US RamNet BBS
(+1-212-889-6438), and ComOne BBS (+1-415-284-9151).

I talked with the folks at MSJ and they expressed an interest in locating
a stable UK BBS which would reguarly make the MSJ code available. If you
know a sysop for such a place, email me (don't post), and I'll get you in
touch with the folks at MSJ.
--
lee fisher, leefi@microsoft.uucp, leefi@microsoft.uu.net
{uw-beaver,decvax,decwrl,fluke,intelca,sco,sun,uunet}!microsoft!leefi

mherman@alias.UUCP (Michael Herman) (11/07/89)

If someone has copies of MSJ source code, I'm sure there are a lot of
people (besides myself ;-) who would appreciate seeing them posted.
For now, it might be best to just post them to comp.windows.ms and
comp.os.os2?

pdavid@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Erbivore) (11/08/89)

mherman@alias.UUCP (Michael Herman) writes:
>If someone has copies of MSJ source code, I'm sure there are a lot of
>people (besides myself ;-) who would appreciate seeing them posted.

Include me in the category of people who would like to
see these programs posted.
	-Paul.

--
Paul C. David		pdavid@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
California Polytechic State University, San Luis Obispo

kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) (11/08/89)

In article <1989Nov7.170536.20192@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> pdavid@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Erbivore) writes:
>mherman@alias.UUCP (Michael Herman) writes:
>>If someone has copies of MSJ source code, I'm sure there are a lot of
>>people (besides myself ;-) who would appreciate seeing them posted.
>
>Include me in the category of people who would like to
>see these programs posted.

Since all of you have access to the net, why don't you just try
ftping SIMTEL20, in MSDOS.MSJOURNAL directory they have all of the
stuff you all want

gary

mherman@alias.UUCP (Michael Herman) (11/08/89)

> Since all of you have access to the net, why don't you just try
> ftping SIMTEL20, in MSDOS.MSJOURNAL directory they have all of the
> stuff you all want

For many "access to the net" simply means we receive USENET news and we
use uucp (over dial-up lines) to send and receive mail.

You can't assume everyone has internet ftp access.