[comp.windows.ms] capturing system messages

kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) (11/17/89)

Hi, I would like to monitor system messages from within my program, i.e.
mouse movement, keyboard pressed, etc...
What messages should I look for in my window procedure.

thank you,

gary

jeffs@ka.excelan.com (Jeff Seideman) (11/18/89)

In article <32625@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) writes:
>Hi, I would like to monitor system messages from within my program, i.e.
>mouse movement, keyboard pressed, etc...
>What messages should I look for in my window procedure.
>
>thank you,
>
>gary

The easiest way to see the relevent messages is to run the spy.exe that comes
with the windows sdk.  If you select the mouse, keyboard options and select
your program's window, voila, you'll see what messages you'll want to monitor
in your program.

jeffs@ka.excelan.com (Jeff Seideman) (11/18/89)

In article <32625@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) writes:
>Hi, I would like to monitor system messages from within my program, i.e.
>mouse movement, keyboard pressed, etc...
>What messages should I look for in my window procedure.
>
>thank you,
>
>gary

The easiest way to see the relevent messages is to run the spy.exe that comes
with the windows sdk.  If you select the mouse, keyboard options and select
your program's window, voila, you'll see what messages you'll want to monitor
in your program.

				Jeff Seideman
				Aw, mama, is this really the end?
				to be stuck in Silicon Valley