[comp.windows.ms] Windows 2.11

cory.mariani@canremote.uucp (CORY MARIANI) (11/11/89)

I was woundering what improvements have MS made over Version 2.1 286
Windows and 2.11 286 Windows.

ZDD
3  ory Mariani
@DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
---
 ~ DeLuxe 1.11a17 #3313  Fa NA Buona JOB

bmp@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Brian M. Perkin) (11/15/89)

From my understanding, Windows 2.11 has changes in it necessary
for it to support HP's NewWave. Microsoft sent me an upgrade
kit free of charge. There was no documentation, merely a stack
of discs.

Brian Perkin
hpda!bmp

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (11/16/89)

In article <-286349999@hpcupt1.HP.COM> bmp@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Brian M. Perkin) writes:
>From my understanding, Windows 2.11 has changes in it necessary
>for it to support HP's NewWave. Microsoft sent me an upgrade
>kit free of charge. There was no documentation, merely a stack
>of discs.

The only major change that I heard of being made to Windows was the fact that
before programs had a tendency to not run even though there was enough room.
What was happening was that the MS-DOS exec was not recognizing the extra
64K that one gets from himem.sys and so it was failing to run programs that
it should have been able to.  I'd heard that there were some other minor
changes, but I didn't get any specifics on those.
--
"I place my faith in fools.  Self confidence, my friends call it."
					-Edgar Allen Poe

Patrick Deupree -> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us

bmp@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Brian M. Perkin) (11/21/89)

I looked at the readme.txt files for Windows/286 2.10 and 2.11.

When I diffed them, the following fell out. There were other
subtle changes in the text as a result of a global replacement
of 2.1 with 2.11.

Brian Perkin