[comp.windows.ms] Keyboard/mouse emulator for Windows/386???

f31915s@taltta.hut.fi (Juha Haataja) (11/27/89)

I am looking for a program that records keyboard and mouse event
sequences and makes it possible to run a recorded sequence when
needed. I am using Windows/386 at the moment, but I can switch to
Windows/286 if necessary. I mean to use the (hypothetical) program
with Micrografx Designer, to automate work.

I have heard of a program called Tempo - but I don't know anyone who
has managed to make it usable. This program is probably a port of the
Macintosh macro-utility.

Also, I would be happy to start with a keyboard-only emulator,
if such a beast can be made to work with Windows.

There is a rumor that the macro utility that comes with New Wave could
be made to run under Windows. True or (more likely) false?

Any info is welcome. Thanks in advance.

- Juha

<    Juha Haataja, Helsinki University of Technology Computing Centre    >
<    e-mail: lk-joh@finhut.bitnet              voice: +358 0 451 4325    >
<           "Therefore, the user sometimes has to intervene."            >

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (11/28/89)

In article <1989Nov27.135941.17672@santra.uucp> lk-joh@finhut.bitnet (Juha Haataja) writes:

>I am looking for a program that records keyboard and mouse event
>sequences and makes it possible to run a recorded sequence when
>needed.

I believe that a package called "Bridge" will do this for you.  I'm not sure
who the writers are of the software, but I know that "Bridge" is supposed to
record your actions and replay them.  I'm not sure if it does mouse movements,
though.
--
"I place my faith in fools.  Self confidence, my friends call it."
					-Edgar Allen Poe

Patrick Deupree -> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us