[comp.windows.ms] Windows 3.0 info requested

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (12/01/89)

Well, Microsoft was showing Windows 3.0 at COMDEX (says friend of a
friend...).  Theredore, I assume that they must have even announced
it in a proper press release.  Has anybody seen the announcement, a
preview, anything?  PC Magazine has had nothing so far, and I get
neither InfoWorld nor PC Week.  If anyone has any legit details [no,
I'm not asking anyone to break any non-disclosure agreements], please,
I would like to know!  Specifically, I would like to know whether
there are any improvements in:
	- performance (display and otherwise)
	- memory overhead requirements
	- use of extended/expanded memory
	- and, of course, any nifty new features...

Could someone please mail or post some details?  Or else tell me that it
really hasn't been announced yet?

Waiting with baited breath,

                                        \tom haapanen
"now, you didn't really expect          tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu
 my views to have anything to do        watmims research group
 with my employer's, did you?"          university of waterloo

"I don't even know what street Canada is on"  -- Al Capone

patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us (Patrick Deupree) (12/05/89)

In article <265@watserv1.waterloo.edu> tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) writes:
>Well, Microsoft was showing Windows 3.0 at COMDEX (says friend of a
>friend...).  Theredore, I assume that they must have even announced
>it in a proper press release.

We were at Comdex (well, our company but not myself) and according to the people
that were there Microsoft did not, DID NOT demonstrate any future versions of
Windows at that event.  It is still all rumor and such.  Please, stop asking
questions.  I'm sure that when they do announce any future version of Windows
they will do it here, in CompuServe, and wherever else they feel appropriate.

Nuff said.
--
"I place my faith in fools.  Self confidence, my friends call it."
					-Edgar Allen Poe

Patrick Deupree -> patrickd@chinet.chi.il.us