[comp.windows.ms] How do I...

michael1@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (michael.k.pula) (02/01/90)

In article <2702@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> morris@jade.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Mike Morris) writes:
>Can anybody recommend a good _beginners_ book on Windows?  I have C 5.1,
>the SDK manuals, the "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold (Microsoft
>Press), and Carl Townsend's C Programmers Guide to Windows 2.0 (Howard
>W. Sams).  The companion diskettes for both books are on order.

Mike,
a SYBEX book by Durant, Carlson, Yao entitled "Programmers Guide to Windows"
is fairly decent.  I think Townsend's book bites the BIG one and contains
a fair amount of misinformation.  I generally live by Petzold and lately
have taken to locating past issues of Microsoft Journal for some theory and
examples.

BTW, the disks for Petzold's examples are indispensable.

Good Luck,

 /  __  \ <__   __> /  __ \ <__   __>  -====------    AT&T Bell Laboratories