[comp.windows.ms] HyperCard for MS-WINDOWS

kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) (02/03/90)

Hi, is there are Machintosh HyperCard (sp?) type software for MS-WINDOWS?

thanks,

gary

akm@spencer.cs.uoregon.edu (Anant Kartik Mithal) (02/05/90)

A couple of years ago, I had read good reviews about a product called Guide.
It is available from WindowWare Warehouse 1-800-762-9273 for $145.
The list price is $275.

I have no affiliation with WindoWare, apart from the fact that I have their
catalog.

kartik

Anant Kartik Mithal					akm@cs.uoregon.edu
Department of Computer Science				akm@oregon.BITNET
University of Oregon

sorenr@daimi.dk (Soren Rehne) (02/05/90)

Regards
Soren Rehne

sorenr@daimi.dk (Soren Rehne) (02/06/90)

I've heared about a system called Omnis 5.0 that should have the possebilyties like
thoese of Hypercard .....

Lets see if the system gets this message ???????

Ones more >> Regards Soren Rehne

milton@milton.acs.washington.edu (Stephen Milton) (02/07/90)

In article <5056@daimi.dk> sorenr@daimi.DK () writes:
>I've heared about a system called Omnis 5.0 that should have the possebilyties like
>thoese of Hypercard .....

Omnis 5.0 is a Macintosh Relational Database Program, it may have a windows
version but I've never heard of it.
The Mac Zone (a macintosh software mailorder house) uses Omnis III to run its
customer database, on an SE/30 network, this is how I heard of it.

Steve Milton...milton*milton.u.washington.edu

oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu (Richard Oppenheimer) (02/08/90)

In article <1777@milton.acs.washington.edu> milton@milton.acs.washington.edu (Stephen Milton) writes:
>In article <5056@daimi.dk> sorenr@daimi.DK () writes:
>>I've heared about a system called Omnis 5.0 that should have the possebilyties like
>>thoese of Hypercard .....
>>
>Omnis 5.0 is a Macintosh Relational Database Program, it may have a windows
>version but I've never heard of it.
>The Mac Zone (a macintosh software mailorder house) uses Omnis III to run its
>customer database, on an SE/30 network, this is how I heard of it.

Ominis 5.0 for Windows is out now. The previous Windows version was called
Omnis Quartz. I believe the MAC version has been upgraded as well. It is
supposed to be fabulous.

The term Relational Database springs to mind visions of a Windows version of
dBase. This product is nothing like that at all and has many application
ideas in common with the MAC Hypercard although it differs greatly from that
as well. It is more along the lines of SuperBase 4 both of which dramatically
change the meaning of Relational Database. At least what PC users think of it.

Richard Oppenheimer
oppenhei@umd5.umd.edu

sorenr@daimi.dk (Soren Rehne) (02/08/90)

  I've seen it with my own eyes !!!!!!!!!!

  Look's pritty to me, BUT >>>>>>> It runs VERY slowly an a 286 with 1 M ram.... I've also seen it on
a 2M and that helps, but I think the best thing to do is to wait for an optimised version !!!!

Regards
Soren Rehne

kipnis@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Gary Kipnis) (02/10/90)

In article <5091@daimi.dk> sorenr@daimi.DK () writes:

>  I've seen it with my own eyes !!!!!!!!!!
>
>  Look's pritty to me, BUT >>>>>>> It runs VERY slowly an a 286 with 1 M ram.... I've also seen it on
>a 2M and that helps, but I think the best thing to do is to wait for an optimised version !!!!
>

>Regards
>Soren Rehne

Could you please provide the company name and any other info on this product?

Thank you.

gary

P.S. I tried mailing, but mail bounced.

sorenr@daimi.dk (Soren Rehne) (02/13/90)

Regards

Soren Rehne

sorenr@daimi.dk (Soren Rehne) (02/14/90)

What I ment was : I shall see what i can do to get the informations !!!!!

Regards
Soren Rehne

Hmmm how do i know if the system gets this message wright ???