[comp.windows.ms] Sorcerer's Apprentice!?

steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) (02/15/90)

I'm using the Microsoft Windows Developers' Kit and I'd like to kill
a timer set up using SetTimer - how do I do it?   There doesn't seem
to be a "DestroyTimer" function or anything.   I've tried FreeProcInstance
(amongst others) but only with disasterous results...

HELP!

--
  Steven Salvini - Computer Science JANET:  steve@uk.ac.hw.cs
  79 Grassmarket  (Room 6.12)      NSFNET:  steve%uk.ac.hw.cs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

rkt@bjcong.bj.co.uk (RAKESH TANDON) (02/16/90)

In article <4430@brahma.cs.hw.ac.uk>, steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) writes:

> I'm using the Microsoft Windows Developers' Kit and I'd like to kill
> a timer set up using SetTimer - how do I do it?   There doesn't seem
> to be a "DestroyTimer" function or anything.   I've tried FreeProcInstance
> (amongst others) but only with disasterous results...
>
> HELP!
>
> --
>   Steven Salvini - Computer Science JANET:  steve@uk.ac.hw.cs
>   79 Grassmarket  (Room 6.12)      NSFNET:  steve%uk.ac.hw.cs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
>   Heriot-Watt University             UUCP:  ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!steve
>   EDINBURGH EH1 2HJ Scotland U.K.  Phone#: (+44) 31 225 6465 (Ext. 557)

Try using KillTimer (hWnd, nIDEvent) ;
	hWnd - timer owners handle
	nIDEvent - timer id returned by SetTimer
							Rakesh Tandon

bcw@rti.UUCP (Bruce Wright) (02/17/90)

In article <4430@brahma.cs.hw.ac.uk>, steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) writes:

> I'm using the Microsoft Windows Developers' Kit and I'd like to kill
> a timer set up using SetTimer - how do I do it?   There doesn't seem
> to be a "DestroyTimer" function or anything.   I've tried FreeProcInstance
> (amongst others) but only with disasterous results...

Try KillTimer.  I think it probably does what you want.  As you note,
FreeProcInstance is only going to crash Windows.

						Bruce C. Wright