[comp.windows.ms] Windows compiling with QuickC

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (02/14/90)

There was a comment made recently in this group that QuickC could be used to
compile Windows programs. I looked in my QuickC 1.0 manual, but found no
indication of that. Is it possible with QuickC 2.0?
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983

huilin@hpindda.HP.COM (Hui-Lin Lim) (02/15/90)

This is ONLY possible in v2.0.  v1.0 used non-standard libraries.
You will still need to get the Windows Development Kit as the
added libraries are only found there.

You may also want to consider the Zortech c++ compiler
(standard disclaimers apply)

Hui-Lin Lim
ARPA: huilin%hpinddf@hplabs.hp.com
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!hpinddf!huilin
Phone:  (408)447-2835

don@dukeac.UUCP (Don Mullen) (02/20/90)

In article <40130009@hpindda.HP.COM> huilin@hpindda.HP.COM (Hui-Lin Lim) writes:
>You may also want to consider the Zortech c++ compiler [for Windows
>software development]
>(standard disclaimers apply)
>
>Hui-Lin Lim
>ARPA: huilin%hpinddf@hplabs.hp.com
>UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!hpinddf!huilin
>Phone:  (408)447-2835

I've had some initial problems getting Zortech C++ to compile windows
programs which contain c++ code.  Specifically, zortech gives me
some error messages when parsing the windows.h file.  Could you
give me some pointers on the best way to set up zortech for
windows c++ programming.

Don

--
Don Mullen